Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Show Us Where You Live Friday - Living Room

Kelly over at Kelly's Korner is hosting a Show Us Where You Live Friday. This week is living rooms.

This is my living room looking in from the entrance. It is pretty simple. I would love to have more decorative things, but the boys are just a little too rough. The few things I have are kept up very high. :) We no longer have a coffee table in the room because it was just a springboard for too many adventures by the Crazys. The coffee table lays in waiting in our master closet for that day when it can return to its true purpose.


I made the slipcover for the couch out of some drop clothes that I found on sale several years ago. It has been wonderful to be able to toss it in the wash with bleach and get stains and filth out. Unfortuantely, the boys have begun to rip the seams out. I have a matching loveseat slipcover that is in another room right now which they have shredded. That's what can happened on a rainy day. Children and mommies can lose their minds. :) I think it is time to start sewing again. I'll put it on my list. Ha!

I love thes plates that I got at Pier 1 years ago. Lots of color.

Family pics


This is a little art niche on the entrance wall. I put my children's artwork in frames from Wal-mart (clearance), and I love them. My children love them too. They are so proud. I try to change them out for holidays too. It doesn't always happen though.
Here is the other side of the living room. I love this picture. The basket is full of shoes.One day I would like to get a red buffet to bring more color to this side of the room. Plus I think it would be a great place to store backpacks and shoes as the kids come in. I keep hoping I'll run across one at a garage sale or craiglist that I can then paint. I love a hunt!

This is our toy box. It was mine when I was little. When I got it from my mother is was pretty beaten up and a weird colored veneer. I primed it and spray painted it black. I made the cushion with some fabric that I found at Walmart for a $1. I think it turned out pretty well.

13 comments:

  1. Cute art work. And I love the name of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pieces of two of the three patterns of dishes you have from Pier One, the bottom two. I love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those pier one plates, I have a very colorful pier one plate in my living room too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the artwork idea...I might have to borrow that for the kid's playroom !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the family photo wall, the room looks very cozy. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diggin your wall color and those groovy plates!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute room and I love the family photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the toy box! it looks great! i also love the photo collage wall of family pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for having us :-) I love those plates!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful living room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice room! I love the kids artwork! What a personal touch I will have to use that idea in our home one day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do the same thing with my kids' art for their rooms! Very lovely home!

    ReplyDelete