Monday, April 20, 2009

Mine, Mine, Mine...


There is nothing like sibling rivalry. I'm an only child, so I don't really get it. The constant need to outdo your brother. I think it is worse when you are the same sex. My boys can make each other madder than anyone else could.
As a mom, it is so hard to know when to step in and break things up. They can be wrestling and jumping on each other all while laughing and having a great time. Then Crazy #1 will start screaming and crying and pummeling his brother because Crazy #2 said that a toy was blue, but it is really yellow. Why on earth would that cause you to go "crazy" all of the second. I mean, "WHO CARES?", but somehow it all matters.

I worry that they won't be close as they grow older. I told Pretty Boy that I think that Sweetness will help keep them together as they grow older. They have a little sister to look after and protect, and that is easier done together. Pretty Boy came home and told me that there was a new study that said siblings are closer and happier if they have a sister. I told you so! Ha!
That is one of my biggest prayers - that the three of them will stay close as they age and that they will be there for each other even if we can't be. I want them to be there for each other as they go through rough patches. I want to know that they will have someone else with similar morals and a strong sense of God's will to consult. I know they are more likely to go to each other than tell their parents everything. I hope that the boys will be each others best men, and that they will give their sisters boyfriends the once over before even letting them in the door.
What do rice cakes have to do with all this?
Rice cakes are a coveted item in this house. You see - Crazy #1 is holding his bag shut to make sure that his brother doesn't take a single rice cake. I pray that one day they will even be able to share those beloved cheesy snacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment